We are continuing to explore the needs of our community, however, our primary focus will be on food insecurity, education and fitness/wellness.
SB Fundación Cielo will use the power of soccer, its platform, and resources to create positive change supporting children, seniors, and the Hispanic community in Santa Barbara and beyond.
Absolutely! We are excited to partner and extend our reach to help in the community. We are just getting started so we will start methodically, but we will grow our partnerships as we get more established. Any organizations interested in partnering with us can reach us at email@example.com
SB Fundación Cielo is a fiscally sponsored organization of the Santa Barbara Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. Your donation will be tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
YES! We welcome your support and would love to have you join us Reach For the SKY! Simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
SB Fundación Cielo will initially focus on the below needs in Santa Barbara. As the organization grows and evolves this focus may change to adapt to the needs identified in the market.
- Education for School aged children: We will organize programs that help school-age children improve their educational experience with after-school tutoring, and programs to help motivate/incentivize kids to stay in school and perform well.
- Nutrition: We will organize and participate in programs that focus on healthy nutrition and feeding families with food insecurity.
- Fitness: We will organize and participate in programs that motivate and incentive students to use sports (with a focus on soccer) as a healthy outlet for physical, mental, and social fitness.
- Social and Fitness Programs for Seniors: We will organize events that assist seniors to gather for social and fitness events using soccer and the Santa Barbara Sky badge as a centerpiece and reason for gathering.
- Hispanic community: Santa Barbara has a large Hispanic population that in many areas, is underserved. Whether it be due to cultural differences, language challenges, socio-economic barriers or any other host of differences, SB Fundación Cielo will focus on welcoming first and second-generation children and families. Efforts will be made on using soccer and the Santa Barbara Sky badge to elevate opportunities for these families in Education, Nutrition, and Fitness. SB Fundación Cielo will work to be a bridge to assist underserved families using the common language of soccer and more deeply integrate this important population into the community.
Fundraising will begin after the team launches in March 2024. Post launch, there will be events tied to game day experiences that will generate funding. Until that time, Fundación Cielo will be funded by Debbie and Peter Moore.